Adaptive Reuse - Battery Maritime Building
The Battery Maritime Building is a Beaux Arts building constructed in 1908 by Walker & Morris. Currently, it is used as the ferry terminal for Governor's Island, with no public access to the interior of the building. The project includes preserving the interior terminal space as well as adding a restaurant and public market. Through a series of interior insertions, based on a modern interpretation of what historically existed, the building is reinvented to contrast the old and the new.